Wetmore Watermain V Replacement Project
The purpose of this project is to replace aging cast iron water mains that are prone to breaks. This work will reduce the risk of water main breaks, improve the resiliency of the water distribution system in your area, and improve your water quality.
- Construction will occur along Wetmore Avenue between 7th and 10th Street.
- Thomco Construction will do the work.
- Work will begin July 12th and take approximately two months to complete.
- Normal work hours will be 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with a small amount of work occurring at night.
- All scheduled dates and durations are weather dependent.
Impacts to Your Neighborhood:
- The work will be completed by block. The block that is being worked on will be closed to through traffic with a flagger on each end.
- No street parking will be permitted in the work area Monday through Friday. Street parking is permitted on weekends (vehicles must be moved by 7 a.m. on Mondays).
- During work hours, you will be able to access your property, but vehicle delays of about 20 minutes can be expected to allow time to stop work, move equipment out of the way and plate the trench in the roadway. Your assistance in minimizing work stoppages will help us get the work completed as quickly as possible.
- 10th Street will have a 4-way closure with a detour to the south.
- The work involves the use of heavy equipment and construction vehicles and is expected to be loud and disruptive.
- Emergency vehicles will always have access to homes in the work area.
- Pedestrian access will be available.
- Once the water main replacement is complete, there will be temporary interruption of water service in order to connect the new pipe to the water system. You will receive notice before services are impacted.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience to you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we complete this necessary project. For questions related to the project, please contact Kathleen Baxter, Public Information & Education Officer, at 425-257-8875 or KBaxter@everettwa.gov.
We encourage you to share this information with your neighbors. For information about your neighborhood group, including meeting times, visit everettwa.gov/neighborhoods.