The Everett Planning Commission held a meeting on May 19, 2020 to discuss the following agenda:
Item 1: Rethink Zoning
A discussion regarding new strategy for Rethink Zoning considering the changes brought by Covid‐19. The discussion will cover:
- Focus shifting away from substantive changes in single family zones at this time
- Continued work towards consolidation of commercial, industrial and multifamily zones
- Consolidation of design standards for commercial, industrial and multifamily zones
- Consolidation of residential development standards
- Consolidation of height standards, except for single family zones
- Streamlining of local project review procedures
At this meeting, we will plan to present draft residential and multifamily standards (Chapters 8 and 9 respectively) and lot and building placement standards (Chapter 6)
The public is encouraged to attend and provide comments for consideration by the Planning Commission.
Staff Contact: David Stalheim, 425‐257‐8736
We strive to provide special accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Please contact our office at least a week prior to the scheduled event if special accommodations are needed.