EVERETT, Wash. – Everett Parks & Community Services cancelled all recreation programs, preschool, events and facility rentals for the month of April, as well as several early May events, in response to Governor Jay Inslee’s extended “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order. Registered participants will receive full refunds.
Arbor Day, Earth Day and Jetty Island clean up events scheduled in April are cancelled. In May, the annual Kids Fish In and Viva Color events are cancelled.
The governor’s order is extended through May 4, prohibiting all social, spiritual and recreational gatherings and closing non-essential businesses. Spring and summer program registration will open May 4 or when the governor’s order is lifted.
The following facilities remain closed until further notice:
- All Everett parks gates, restrooms, active areas and recreation amenities.
- Legion Memorial & Walter E Hall golf courses.
- Kasch Park Athletic Office & Recreation Office at Forest Park.
- The Forest Park Swim Center.
- The Carl Gipson Senior Center. They will continue to provide lunches through the Homage senior lunch program.
Community members are encouraged to call the Recreation Office at 425-257-8300 ext. 2 if unsure about a program, service or facility schedule.
Visit everettwa.gov/COVID19 for up-to-date information on City operations and response, program cancellations and closures, as well as additional resources and information.