We hope that this update finds you all safe and healthy. Work has continued on the Grand Avenue Park Bridge construction since the last update. The current estimate for completion of the bridge is early summer. This is dependent on various factors, not the least of which are impacts that the Coronavirus pandemic may have on the ability to continue construction. By Governor Inslee’s March 25 order, public agency construction projects are exempt and, at this time, the City of Everett’s construction projects are continuing to move forward. Below is a summary of recent progress.
- Stormwater and sewer pipelines are connected and in service.
- Precast stairs have been installed around the tower as well as at the midpoint of the bridge.
- Guardrail installation, electrical and lighting work continues in coordination with the railroad for work over the tracks.
- The current traffic control on West Marine View Drive will remain for several more months.
- Grading at the park has started along with installation of east abutment walls, and plants are being acquired for landscaping.
- Drainage and flatwork (sidewalk, driveway, parking lot) will be upcoming on the west side of the bridge.
For more information, visit everettwa.gov/GAPB. View the latest project photos in the photo gallery.