- Preparation and grading work at Grand Avenue Park in anticipation of setting the bridge on the east abutment.
- Installation of a time lapse camera with a view of the bridge erection location, to see the footage go to everettwa.gov/gapb
- The City has approved the contractor’s revised proposal for how they will lift the bridge and set it in place above West Marine View Drive (WMVD). The revised plan requires a 10-day full closure of WMVD between 13th Street and 18th Street.
- Traffic control planning in support of the final stages to put the bridge span in place, including coordination with the Washington State Department of Transportation.
- Continued shop drawing reviews and approvals associated with the guardrails, lighting and pedestrian decks.
- Installation of a false deck above the pipelines for workers to use for the installation of the forms for the concrete pedestrian decks.
- On April 15th, the contractor sent Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) its proposed bridge erection plan for review. BNSF review and coordination is ongoing.
- Painting of key members of the steel truss. The exterior weathering steel members will continue to change to a rust-like appearance over time.
- Current traffic revisions involve closing all but one lane of traffic during weekdays and using flaggers to accommodate painting and electrical work on the steel truss. There is also a noise variance to allow construction work to begin at 6 a.m. so crews can open two-way traffic in the afternoon.
- Erection of the bridge is anticipated in Summer 2019. Timing is completely dependent on approval by the railroad of a track closure window for five railroad tracks. The construction sequence involving the 10-day closure of WMVD will most likely occur sometime after the conclusion of the Fresh Paint Arts Festival, which occurs on the weekend of August 17 and 18.
- When the track closure window is provided from BNSF Railway, there will be additional communication about any road closures to accommodate the erection of the bridge.
- Under the revised plan, the contractor will perform as much of the work as possible prior to the closure, while the roadway remains open to traffic. During the 10-day closure, the contractor will move the bridge to the lifting location in the road, install lifting towers and jacks around the bridge, lift the bridge to the installation elevation, utilize multi-wheel transporters to place the bridge onto the abutments and remove the lifting towers.
- During the lifting and transporting of the million pounds of steel, travel in and around the bridge work zone will require restrictions to protect the public. Public safety needs will drive the City’s review of the bridge erection sequence traffic control, while the City also attempts to mitigate traffic impacts to the maximum extent possible.
- Widening of the temporary railroad crossing by BNSF for the setting of the bridge span.
More information about the Grand Avenue Park Bridge project, including the latest images, can be found on the project page everettwa.gov/gapb.