- Per the terms of the contract, the contractor requested and received approval for suspension of the contract working days for critical path work associated with the steel bridge truss.
- Reviews and approvals of bridge steel truss shop drawings.
- Construction fencing adjusted at the west tower to accommodate additional parking and a turnaround for the parking lot.
- Award of the Phase 2 construction contract. This package is for installation of the pipelines in West Marine View Drive, from the bridge to 14th Street.
- Reviews and approvals of west tower stairs, bridge lighting and mock-up of the guard rail.
- The majority of the steel truss and transition ramp has been manufactured and assembled for determination of acceptance at the mill in Vancouver, Washington. WSDOT is inspecting this process.
- Installation of the elevator by the elevator company.
- Frontier to provide a crossing of West Marine View Drive for elevator communication. This work will involve lane closures.
- The Phase 2 contract will begin with meetings, submittals and acquisition of materials. This work will involve lane closures on the west side of West Marine View Drive.
- Installation of power to the west tower for the lights, elevator and associated equipment.
- Completion of roofing for the tower (dependent on elevator installation timing and is weather dependent).
- Erection of the bridge is anticipated in Spring 2019.
Visit the Grand Avenue Park Bridge project webpage to view the latest images of project progress.