Approval of Minutes: November 20, 2019
Council Comments/Liaison Reports
Administration Update on prior business
(1) Adopt Resolution authorizing claims against the City of Everett in the amount of $2,826,498.31 for the period of November 9, 2019 through November 15, 2019.
(2) Authorize the Mayor to sign Amendment No.1 to the Agreement with Snohomish County Superior Court for jury management services.
(3) Authorize the Mayor to sign the Washington State Parks & Recreation Commission Commercial Use Permit/Temporary Vendor Permit & Application.
(4) Authorize the Mayor to sign the 1st Amendment to the Parking Management Agreement with the Downtown Everett Association for management services at EverPark Garage.
(5) Authorize the Mayor to sign Amendment No. 3 to Miscellaneous Service Contract No. CW2228764, with Snohomish County PUD for Energy Smart Industrial-Wastewater Energy Coaching.
(6) Authorize the Mayor to sign the Professional Services Agreement with CG Engineering to design structural repairs and ventilation improvements at Reservoir #3 in the amount not to exceed $146,598.00.
(7) Authorize the Mayor to sign Amendment No. 1 to the contract for Basic Life Support Ambulance Services between the City of Everett and NW Ambulance.
(8) Adopt Resolution setting a public hearing before the Everett City Council on December 11, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. to receive comments on the City’s intent to establish an Everett Station District Business Improvement Area (BIA), approve a 2020 budget and provide for the levy of a special assessment for five years.
COUNCIL BRIEFING AGENDA: (These items come before the City Council serving as a Council Committee of the Whole and are likely to be scheduled at a future meeting.)
(9) CB-1911-61 1st Reading- Adopt the City of Everett Salary Ordinance for 2020. (3rd and final reading on 12-11-19).
(10) CB-1911-62 -1st Reading- Adopt an Ordinance approving the appropriations of the 2019 revised City of Everett Budget and amending Ordinance No. 3699-19. (3rd and final reading on 12-11-19).
(11) CB-1911-63 – 1st Reading – Adopt an Ordinance creating a special improvement project entitled “Forterra Restoration Plan”, Fund 354, Program 062, to accumulate all costs for the project. (3rd and final reading 12-11-19).
(12) CB 1911-55– 2nd Reading- Adopt the Proposed Ordinance creating the special construction fund entitled “Fire Station No.2 and Fire Station No.6 - Additions and Alterations, fund 342, Program 029, to accumulate the construction costs for the project in the amount of $850,000. (3rd and final reading on 12-4-19).
(13) CB 1911-56– 2nd Reading- Adopt the Proposed Ordinance Relating to Tax Administration, adopting the Association of Washington Cities 2019 version of the Model Tax Administration Ordinance and superseding existing provisions of Ordinance Nos. 2809-04, 3041-07, 3175-10, 3305-12, 3285-14, 3497-16, and 3524-16 (Chapter 3.19 EMC). (3rd and final reading on 12-4-19).
(14) CB 1911-57 –2nd Reading – Adopt the Proposed Ordinance Relating to Business and Occupation Tax, adopting the Association of Washington Cities 2019 version of the Model Business and Occupation Tax Ordinance and superseding existing provisions of Ordinance Nos. 2810-04,
(15) CB 1911-58– 2nd Reading- Adopt the Proposed Ordinance relating to Utility Taxes, amending Ordinance 3384-14 Rev (EMC 3.28.090). (3rd and final reading on 12-4-19).
(16) CB 1911-59 – 2nd Reading – Adopt the Proposed Ordinance amending Ordinance No. 1671-89, as amended by Section 2 of Ordinance No. 3615-18 (EMC 19.20.300 and 19.20.340), removing the Sunset Clause for Upper Floor Modulation and Design Standards in the Urban Mixed Zone for Development Abutting Residential Zones. (3rd and final reading and public hearing on 12-4-19).
(17) CB 1911-60 – 2nd Reading – Adopt the Proposed Ordinance establishing an Everett Station District Business Improvement Area (BIA); providing for the levy of a special assessment upon real property (and the owners thereof) within the area; the deposit of revenues in a special account and expenditures therefrom; and providing for an implementing agreement with an Everett Station District property owners association or similar organization. (3rd and final reading and public hearing on 12-11-19).
(18) CB 1911-54 –2nd Reading – Adopt the Proposed Ordinance removing “Supportive Housing” as a Permitted Use in Single-Family Zones, amending Ordinance No 1671-89, as amended, and amending other regulations related to Supportive Housing in other zones. (3rd and final reading and public hearing on 12-4-19).