Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan
News & updates
Thanks to all who joined us for the May outreach events and virtual visioning workshops!
- See the Vision Survey results here. Thanks to the nearly 600 persons who participated and shared ideas for current and future parks and trails!
- At pop-up events in June, over 80 families, kids and park-goers drew and wrote ideas about parks ideas here. Thanks for the creative ideas!
It was so great speaking with you all and hearing your ideas. A recording of the vision workshop is posted here.
- Meeting summary
- Community visioning workshop recordings
If you missed the meeting, please see the meeting summary and watch the videos. If you have ideas on how to improve Everett Parks, share them with Cory Rettenmier, Everett Parks and Facilities recreation and golf manager via email CRettenmier@everettwa.gov.
About the Rethink Community Wellbeing initiative
We're updating our 2016 Parks, Recreation and Open Space (PROS) Plan! Our new 2022 plan will be based on an extensive public outreach process and will:
- Create a vision for Everett’s parks system to meet the needs of the community
- Inventory parks, recreation and trails facilities, urban tree canopy, and identify needs and trends
- Establish goals, objectives, recommendations and actions
- Identify service levels, costs and funding options including a parks impact fee
- Recommend implementation strategies including phasing, partnerships and others
The PROS plan allows us to be eligible for state grants through the Washington State Recreation and Conservation (RCO) Office. It will also support other City plans and budgets by helping prioritize projects and programs consistent with the community’s vision, service standards and funding.
Downloadable fact sheets (PDF)
- Vision stage: Spring 2021
- System concepts: Summer 2021
- Draft plan: Fall 2021
- Adoption: by March 1, 2022
Thank you to everyone who responded to our vision survey!
Sign up to be on our contact list for opportunities to share your ideas at meetings, online surveys and community events - click here to request to be added to the email list. Share the news about the PROS update with your neighbors. Your ideas can shape the vision for Everett parks, community wellbeing and equitable investments.
Check back here to see future opportunities to share your ideas to make this a great plan!
For more information, contact Cory Rettenmier, Everett Parks and Facilities recreation and golf manager via email CRettenmier@everettwa.gov or phone 425-257-7314.