Last updated Jan. 11, 2021, 9:50 a.m.
To limit the spread of COVID-19, the City of Everett closed several facilities, implemented service changes and cancelled City-sponsored events, programs and gatherings. City staff continue to assess City operations and follow guidance from federal, state and local health officials.
City facilities closed to the public until further notice:
- Everett Municipal Building, 2930 Wetmore Ave.: including the City Clerk’s office. City staff will still be available during regular business hours by phone or email.
- Both Everett Public Library branches: Curbside pickup is now available. Library card holders can also access a variety of online Library resources including e-books, audiobooks, digital magazines, movies, music and more. Learn more.
- Permit Services and Utility Services public counters: Staff will be available by phone or email during regular service hours and encourage the use of online services and resources. Learn more.
- Everett Police North and South Precincts: To report a crime or contact an officer, call 911 in an emergency. For all non-emergencies, call 425-407-3999. Online crime reporting is available.
- Parks & Community Services closures:
- Forest Park Swim Center
- Kasch Park Athletic Office & Recreation Office at Forest Park: limited staff available. Voicemails (425-257-8300) and emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be returned the next business day.
- Carl Gipson Senior Center: to-go lunches are provided M-F through the Homage senior lunch program.
- Everett Parks restrooms, picnic shelters and rental facilities.
- Some parks amenities are open for limited use following phase one guidance of the Healthy Washington plan.
Service changes and modified hours, until further notice:
- City Council meetings: council meetings will be held remotely at 6:30 p.m. except the fourth meeting of each month which will be at 12:30 p.m.
- Everett Transit: implemented an emergency service plan.
- Everett Transit Customer Service Center: open 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., closed 11 a.m. - noon. Customer service staff are also available by phone or email Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Everett Station: business hours changed to 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Everett Police Property & Evidence Unit (2722 Colby): open to the public Wednesdays only, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Everett Fire: limiting visitor access to public at fire stations (tours, events). This does not affect responses.
- Everett Animal Shelter: adoptions by appointment only and limiting owner surrender and stray animal intakes. Please call the shelter for more information at 425-257-6000. Learn more.
- Public Works: maintenance division is prioritizing tasks necessary for public safety, transportation and utility services, including urgent repairs, emergency response and regulatory-compliance activities. Some work that is not immediately necessary is delayed until further notice. Public Works continues to log and respond to service requests.
- Everett Municipal Court: Presiding Judge Kaestner issued several General Administrative Orders in response to COVID-19. Front counter open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to noon, and on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m. Face covers are required in courtrooms and the probation office.
Programs, events, meetings and gatherings cancelled/postponed until further notice:
- All City of Everett events, gatherings
- All Parks & Community Services programs, events, facility rentals, activities and preschool: full refunds were issued to registered participants. Call the Recreation Office at 425-257-8300 ext. 2 if you have questions.
- All boards and commissions meetings, unless meeting remotely
- Station 4 Public Meeting Room events
- Events and gatherings permit requests will not be approved until further notice