How to Get Involved
The City values your input and contributions to this initiative. Gauging our community’s feedback through online and in-person engagement is an important component of the Rethink Housing public outreach strategy.
Learn about how we’re rethinking our housing strategy and join the conversation. Join the virtual Rethink Housing forum and chat series (En Español) to learn about housing and homelessness issues in Everett. Follow us on social media and sign up for email updates below to catch upcoming open houses and events.
Virtual forums, via Everett Channel, YouTube and Facebook Live:
- Dec. 8, 6 p.m.: Housing for all with keynote speaker former Governor Christine Gregoire. Watch the recording here.
- Feb. 9, 2:30 p.m.: Everett gains a national perspective to address homelessness with keynote speaker President & CEO Nan Roman of National Alliance to End Homelessness. Watch on YouTube Live. (OR) Watch on Facebook Live.This forum was rescheduled from Jan. 14 to Feb. 9.
- March 4, 4 p.m.: Building housing with keynote speakers from for-profit and nonprofit housing developers, legislators and housing providers. Watch on YouTube Live.
Virtual chat sessions:
- Jan. 12, 1 p.m. & Jan. 28, 6 p.m.: What do you need? Share needs, thoughts and ideas in small groups about how the City’s policies could change to better support housing for everyone, including housing and sheltering for our homeless community.
- Feb. 18, 6 p.m. & Feb. 23, 1 p.m.: Housing near transit areas. Share needs, thoughts and ideas around the possibilities of new housing near high-capacity transit corridors. Click here to join the conversation!
- April/May, Dates to be Determined: These engagement activities were slated to be conducted in March. Rethink Housing - here's what we heard. Hear the results of community engagement efforts, proposed policy, regulation suggestions and funding strategies, and provide additional community feedback.
Sign up for newsletters and notices
Get text and email alerts so you don’t miss a thing! Visit everettwa.gov/subscribe and choose which notice, alert, calendar or agenda you wish to receive.
Sign up for the “Rethink Zoning/Housing” in the Newsflash category, or the City Council and Planning Commission.
Rethink Housing Action Plan Committee
The purpose of the Rethink Housing Action Plan Advisory Committee is to review data, understand the need, participation in listening to the community outreach sessions, and help develop policies and strategies that promote housing opportunities for all. The Committee will recommend a Rethink Housing Action Plan to the Mayor and City Council.
The Committee will be support by staff, consultants, and other housing subject matter experts in the development of the Rethink Housing Action Plan.
Each member of the Committee will commit to attendance at least two virtual forums, 2 virtual “CHATS” and 4 virtual committee meetings between November 2020 and June 2021. Committee members will also need to reed advance materials prepared by staff in advance of committee meetings. Committee members must also agree to actively participate in committee discussions providing feedback to staff as the project progresses. This is a working group committee.
|Susan Mausshardt||Citizen Advisory Committee|
|Charles Adkins||Citizen Advisory Committee|
|Samantha Hasan||Citizen Advisory Committee|
|Kara Price||Diversity Board|
|Michael Butler||Diversity Board|
|Telman Gasanov||Diversity Board|
|Michael Finch||Planning Commission|
|Carly McGinn||Planning Commission|
|Alex Lark||Planning Commission|
|Chris Geray||Neighborhood Representative|
|Arshpreet||Youth Advisory Board|
Youth Advisory Board
|Date||Agenda and Packet||Presentation|
|December 21, 2020||Link||Link|
|February 11, 2021||Link||Link|
|April 8, 2021||Link|
|April 22, 2021||Link||Link|
|May 13, 2021||Link |
The next virtual committee meeting is scheduled on May 13, 2021.
To view the agenda and packet material, select the links above. If you would like to join the meeting, Click here to join the meeting.
Planning Commission meetings
The Planning Commission meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. at Historic City Hall (3002 Wetmore Ave.). Briefings and workshops are held on Rethink Housing on a frequent basis. All meetings are open to the public and you can provide input at those meetings.
City Council meetings
The Everett City Council meets each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., except the fourth Wednesday of the month when they meet at 12:30 p.m.
Follow us on Social Media
Follow us on social media to join the Rethink Housing discussion:
Twitter (@EverettCity) Make sure to include our hashtags!