Community members are invited to participate in the Rethink Housing initiative, a multi-year effort to develop a community-wide housing action plan that will include strategies for addressing the housing needs for current and future Everett residents.
Click through the arrows on this page to learn more about Rethink Housing and how to get involved. Check back often for more news and updates and sign up for email or text notifications to stay up to date.
Rethink Housing Survey
The Rethink Housing Survey closed on Friday, April 30, 2021. Survey results will be posted to the webpage soon. Check back often for the posting and sign up for email or text notifications.
Thank you for your participation!
Join the virtual Rethink Housing forum and chat series (En Español) this winter to learn about housing and homelessness issues in Everett. The process will also include community engagement activities with a series of virtual community "chat" sessions.
Virtual forums, via Everett Channel, YouTube and Facebook Live:
- Dec. 8, 6 p.m.: Housing for all with keynote speaker former Governor Christine Gregoire. Watch the recording here.
- Feb. 9, 2:30 p.m.: Everett gains a national perspective to address homelessness with keynote speaker President & CEO Nan Roman of National Alliance to End Homelessness. Watch on YouTube Live. This forum was rescheduled from Jan. 14 to Feb. 9.
- Date to be determined: Building housing with keynote speakers from for-profit and nonprofit housing developers, legislators and housing providers.
Virtual chat sessions:
- Jan. 12, 1 p.m. & Jan. 28, 6 p.m.: What do you need? Share needs, thoughts and ideas in small groups about how the City’s policies could change to better support housing for everyone, including housing and sheltering for our homeless community.
- Feb. 18, 6 p.m. & Feb. 23, 1 p.m.: Housing near transit areas. Share needs, thoughts and ideas around the possibilities of new housing near high-capacity transit corridors.
- July/August, Specific Dates To be Determined: Rethink Housing - here's what we heard. These engagement activities were slated to be conducted in March. These activities and outreach events inform the community as well as gain feedback and input into the development of the Housing Action Plan intended to support future housing opportunities for all community members at every income level. Hear the results of community engagement efforts, proposed policy, regulation suggestions and funding strategies, and provide additional community feedback.
Latest news and updates
- Dec. 8, 2020: First Rethink Housing forum on housing for all. Watch the recording here.
- Dec. 1, 2020: City announces Rethink Housing action plan forum and chat series.
- Nov. 17, 2020: Mayor Cassie Franklin issued a mayoral directive on housing for all.