Foster a Pet
We have TWO great opportunities for fostering and helping the animals in our care:
Senior Dog Foster Program
It is our goal to get all the senior dogs out of the shelter and into foster homes, while they wait to get adopted.
We launched our Senior Dog Foster program this past summer, with great success. Our community has been incredible about answering our call for folks who can help us get senior dogs out of the shelter into loving foster homes. But we need more homes! This is a no obligation training; just come and learn about our senior dog program. No need to pre-register, just show up! Training date:
Wednesday, January 15th, 6pm-7:30pm*rescheduled due to weather
- Thursday, January 23rd, 6pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, February 12th, 6pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 11th, 6pm-7:30pm
PACK Foster Program
(PACK = Puppies/AdultCats/Kittens)
This program helps expand the walls of our shelter. This foster team cares for puppies, adult cats, kittens. Training dates are:
- Wednesday, January 22nd, 6pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, February 19th, 6pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 18th, 6pm-7:30pm
Both trainings are here at the shelter: 333 Smith Island Road, Everett. No need to pre-register, no paperwork to do ahead of time - just show up at the scheduled time!
These are both an orientation/foster combo training! You do not need to attend the Volunteer Orientation if you only want to foster.
During the both Foster trainings you’ll learn all about the expectations of fostering, No need to reserve a spot - just come on out and join the fun!
You will need to do the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a WSP background check
- Be able to get started right away
- Make the beginning to end foster commitment
- Have your pets at home current on all vaccinations
- Be able to keep foster animals separated from your own pets (if required)
- Bring the foster animals to the shelter for weight checks and vaccinations and medical checks (as necessary)
- Provide lots of love and attention to your foster pets!
If you have further questions about our foster program, please Email the Shelter Operations Coordinator.