On Wednesday, May 17, City crews will replace a valve connected to Transmission Line 5 (TL5) in the Lowell area of Everett. This requires TL5 to be out of service for all connections west of Bickford Avenue and limited service between our Three Lakes Valve and Bickford Avenue. The work is estimated to take 24 hours, and all customers without service should prepare for at least 24-hours without water service.
• All Everett customers connected to TL5 west of the Bickford Avenue isolation valve: will be shut-off and will not have water service for an estimated 24 hours.
• Alderwood’s Clearview Pump Station connection: will be closed during the event.
• PUD and City of Snohomish connections west of the city’s Three Lakes valve: will be shut off (City of Snohomish at the pallet manufacturer will be kept open)
• Plantation, Wilkshire, and Northridge: will be shut off, along with 7 single family connections near the Three Lakes valve.
• 9 p.m., Tuesday, May 16: city crews will shut off necessary valves. Once all valves are closed, crews will drain the pipeline west of the Clearview Connection. The line will take several hours to drain.
• 7 a.m., Wednesday, May 17: city crews will remove and replace the valve.
• Early evening, May 17: once the work is complete, refilling the transmission line will begin. The refilling of the line must be done gradually to protect the line.
• 12:00 a.m. - 2 a.m., May 18: once the transmission line is at full pressure, we will begin turning on connections. We expect service to be restored in the early morning, May 18th, and customers will be notified via our Alert Sense electronic messaging system when water service is restored.