Adopt a Pet
Adoptions by Appointment
We've got awesome dogs, cats and other critters waiting for new families to come and adopt! The adoption process now begins online, and all adoptions are done by appointment only. This started during COVID restrictions, but while the shelter was closed to the public we were amazed at the reduction of the animals' overall stress levels and poor kennel behavior. Because of this, we have decided to keep the shelter closed permanently for animal viewing, outside of appointments for specific animals.
How does this work?
- Check out our available animals online, below. If you see an animal you’re interested in, fill out an adoption questionnaire, below. This will start the adoption process.
- Please be sure to include the name of the animal that you are interested in adopting. Applications will only be reviewed if a specific animal is identified.
- Our staff will review your questionnaire and contact you to discuss the adoption. Please note that it may take several days before you are contacted. We appreciate your patience! (If it has been longer than one week and you haven’t heard from us, please email us.)
- Adoption appointments are still set up using social distancing protocols, and many transactions are processed curbside outdoors. Our staff will go over appointment details when they speak with you.
- Most animals will be available to go home the same day as the adoption.
- All of our animals available for adoption are posted online. If an animal is adopted or is no longer available, the listing is removed within minutes.
See what’s included with our adoption fees here.